The Hummelstown Area Historical Society has started a capital campaign called “Hummelstown Preservation Fund.” A large amount of money is required to preserve the Parish House and its history. This includes the restoration of damage on the first floor as a result of an air conditioner leak, repointing of the limestone exterior, and repairs to the sky light. The exterior of the History House is also in need of a new coat of paint.
The Parish House was built in 1815 and is the oldest congregational building in Hummelstown and was placed on the National Register of Historical Places in 1979. It serves as a museum for the Historical Society and houses an extensive collection of memorabilia and artifacts. Since 1971, the Society has worked to preserve the building and meet the needs of its membership and community.
We are asking the community to donate whatever they can to help preserve this beautiful building and the history it holds and represents. Please send donations to HAHS, 32 W. Main St. Hummelstown, PA 17036. Donations can also be made by using PAYPAL through our website www.hummelstownhistoricalsociety.org. If you have any questions, please call 717-566-6314 and talk to Josie, the office manager.